Children's Ministry at our Church
The spiritual formation of children is a top priority of our congregation. We believe there is no greater key to a child's physical, mental, and emotional development than a close relationship with Jesus. We want children and their parents to know that Jesus cares deeply for them. In fact, Jesus has promised, "I will be with you always" (Matthew 28:20). We promise that we will do our best to:
Maintain a safe growing environment
- Creating an environment where children are safe, loved and cared for
- Where every child feels welcome and included
Focus on Gospel-Centered Learning
- Growing to treasure Jesus above all else
Partner with Families in the Child's Spiritual Development
- Walking alongside families as they disciple their children to follow Jesus
Promote Healthy Relationships
- Sharing in a community where people are known and have a place to belong
Form Missionary Mindedness
- Loving and serving others as we share the good news of the gospel
Use Developmentally Appropriate Materials
- Engaging children at every age and stage of development
Encourage Children to have Fun
- Experiencing joy as kids learn about Jesus together
Children's Ministry on Sunday Morning
During the service, nursery care is provided for children birth through age two; children ages three through five attend Sunday School. Children ages six and up worship with their parents. In the fall, all children 2nd grade and up worship with their parents and then attend Sunday school after the service.
Your Child's Safety Is a Priority
For your child's safety and your peace of mind, we:
- Run background checks on all volunteers;
- Staff each room with no less than two team members at all times;
- All of our snacks are dairy, egg, and nut free;
- Provide a security tag for your child and ask for the parent's portion of the security tag before releasing any child at check-out;
- A paging system is available for easy contact in case you are needed for any reason in your child’s room.
What if my child needs me during service?
The alphanumeric code on your parent pick-up tag that you were given at check-in will appear on the bottom of the large screens in the sanctuary. If you see your number on the screen, that’s your cue to discreetly slip out of your seat and go back to your child’s room. But be sure to bring your parent pick-up tag with you--your child will not be released without it.
What is your policy on sick children?
We request that you do not drop your children off at our children's ministry events if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A temperature of 100 degrees or higher in the last 24 hours;
- Diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours;
- Severe or persistent coughing;
- Colored nasal drainage (not due to allergies);
- Any infection of the eye, nose, or throat (pink eye, strep throat, etc);
- Head lice;
- Undiagnosed rash;
- Open skin lesions;
- Any communicable disease.
If a child is on an antibiotic, he or she must be on the medication for at least 24 hours before attending any children's ministry events. Please note that we do not administer medication to children.